This workshop has been brought to you by Slough Borough Council's Health and Safety Advisor, Victoria Swift, for the attention of all Schools in Slough.
This workshop is designed to equip participants with the tools and skills for completing a safety inspection and risk assessment of their work environment. It also aims to build competence and confidence for completing risk assessments on work activities and surroundings, ensuring hazards have been identified, risks evaluated and appropriate control measures put in place when the hazards cannot be eliminated.
By the end of the course you will:
- Be able to competently carry out safety inspections
- Have an understanding of the stages of the risk assessment process
- Know the definitions of terms such as hazard, risk, severity and likelihood
- Be able to identify the people affected by hazards
- Be able to evaluate risk, based on the control measures provided
- Have an understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
- Have an understanding of SBC's health and safety requirements
Pre Course Preparation
Delegates do not have to formally prepare for the course, however it would be useful to understand the practices and local procedures at your school.
For all schools that buy into the SBC H&S Service Level Agreement the cost of the course per delegate is £15.
For Schools that do not buy into the SBC H&S Service Level Agreement the cost of the course per delegate is £60.
To book a place, please e-mail Michael.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Joining instructions (including location) will be sent out prior to each course. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided throughout.