To provide an efficient admissions service for in year applicants, children starting school in reception and children transferring from primary to secondary school. To ensure the service is fully co-ordinated with other local authorities and schools.
The portal is now open to apply for a school place for reception, infant-junior and secondary school for September 2024. In year applications for September 2023 - July 2024 are also open.
All technical issues using the portal including account/registration and log in issues can be emailed to SITeam@Slough.gov.uk.
In-year allocations are made on a weekly basis by the Admissions team and parents will be contacted by either the school where the child has been offered a place and/or by letter from the Admissions Team when a school place has been offered. Please do not call a school until you have been informed that your child has been offered a place there.
Admission Arrangements 2023-24
The Admission Code issued under Section 84 of the Standards and Framework Act 1998 stipulates that all admission authorities must determine their admission arrangements, including their PAN, every year, even if they have not changed from previous years.
The determined admission arrangements for Slough Borough Council community and voluntary controlled schools for 2023-24 is below:
- Admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools 2023-24 (Primary).
- Admission arrangements for community school (Wexham secondary) 2023-24.
Co-ordination arrangements for 2023-24
The School Standards and Framework Act 1998, as amended by the Education Act 2002 and supported by The School Admission (Co- ordination of Admission Arrangements) (England) Regulations 2012, requires Local Authorities to formulate a scheme for co-ordinating admission arrangements during the normal admissions round for all academies and maintained schools in their area. Academies are required to participate in the coordinated scheme.
Documents For Download
Primary Schools Admission Booklet
Secondary Schools Admission Booklet
Technical issues - using the portal including account/registration and log in issues can be e-mailed to SITeam@Slough.gov.uk.
How this service is funded
This is funded from the Dedicated Schools Grant (DSG). There are no charges to schools for this service.
Who is this service for
All schools including academies use this service.
Further detail of service
- To consult on and agree admission arrangements.
- To publish admission arrangements.
- To provide information about all admissions processes and ensure all parents have access to this.
- To ensure as far as possible that parents understand the process.
- To work with neighbouring boroughs to ensure full coordination.
- To provide online application processes for all parents.
- To brief parents and schools on admissions issues.
- To allocate places in accordance with published admissions criteria, notify successful and unsuccessful applicants by the due dates and advise unsuccessful applicants of their right to appeal and the process for appealing.
- To provide schools with up to date information on successful applicants.
- To respond to queries from parents and schools about the admission process.
- To liaise with schools about amendments to the allocation lists and waiting lists.
The service will:
- Meet all statutory and local deadlines
- Comply with all aspects of the Admissions Code.
- Respond to all queries from parents and schools within 10 working days.
- To consider applications for places in accordance with their admissions criteria.
- To provide the Admissions Team with details of successful and unsuccessful applicants.
- To provide details of proposed admissions arrangements as part of the statutory consultation process.
- To comply with all aspects of the Admissions Code.
- Respond to all queries from the Admissions Team within 10 working days.