Young Peoples Service provides youth work interventions and support to young people via one to one and group work activities from 11-19 and up to 25 years of age if they are Children Leaving Care (CLA) and Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND).
Our services include:
- Jobs, opportunities, information, advice and guidance to help young people transition into Education, Employment and Training
- Under the Youth Voice umbrella we have the Youth Parliament, young inspectors and LGBTQ group,
- Targeted support provided to young people who are vulnerable and have a variety of needs and could benefit from Early Help (this is part of Slough’s Early Help offer),
- Targeted support for victims and those at risk of Child Sexual Exploitation through our Engage Team,
- Coordination of young carers work across Slough,
- Support for young people in schools who have been identified as risk of NEET - RONI programme provides 12 weeks support via group work and one to one sessions for young people who are at risk of becoming NEET (Not in Education, employment and training),
- Detached street work engaging with young people on the streets and in community settings – this work currently has a particular focus on ASB, Gangs and work with hard to reach communities,
- PHSE- Personal Health and Sexual Education, and
- The Young People’s Service commission Youth Engagement Slough (YES) to provide locally based youth provision across Slough.