Due to the current social distancing laws in place we have moved our one to one and small group lessons online.We are taking on new students in this manner as well as continuing with existing students.
SLOUGH MUSIC SERVICE - Inspiring Every Child’s Musical Journey through Diversity, Progression and Inclusion.
Slough Music Service is the local music service for Slough, Berkshire and lead organisation of the Slough Music Education Hub.
The music service is a not for profit service, part of Slough Borough Council's Education and Children's Services and funded by central government. We provide music lessons, training and events in and outside school for children and young people in Slough.
We are proud to work with the children, young people and staff in Slough's schools, and with those in the community, to provide enhanced music services for all. and the external link is: http://www.sloughmusicservice.co.uk/
How this service is funded
Arts Council / DfE funded
Who is this service for
Schools, pupils, parents.
Further detail of service
Slough Music Service mission statement:
- We aim, through creativity and excellence, to meet the needs and aspirations of each young musician, school and music leader in Slough.
- Through our passion for music we want to inspire and empower, creating opportunity and enjoyment for all, enabling our community to develop, achieve and celebrate through music.
- The purpose of the hub is to bring together those who deliver music and the performing arts in Slough to share expertise, training and planning so that we can ensure the community of Slough has access to the full range of music services it demands.
- By working together, we can better meet the needs of every child and young person in Slough, whilst ensuring quality and care for all.
- To offer high quality music provision that meets the needs of every pupil in our richly diverse community.
Slough Music Service’s key aims are:
- To provide creative, inspiring, life-long musical experiences for all in our community
- To develop and support exceptional music leaders for teaching and learning in the 21st century
- To meet and value the needs and aspirations of every young musician in Slough
- To enable and encourage every family in Slough to be a musical family
- Our ethos is underpinned by the principals and values of Creativity, Sustainability, Diversity and Individuality
Slough Music Service undertakes regular and thorough needs analysis work through evaluation of existing projects and audit of provision to ensure that the needs of all children are met.