Established in February 2003, the Foundation Stage Forum has long been a platform for a vibrant online community of professionals involved with the Foundation Stage. With the advent of the new EYFS this community has become more active than ever.
Come and join a warm and personal support network of reception teachers, nursery practitioners and registered childminders. Discuss issues, seek (and give) advice, find and download articles and resources – or just put your feet up and have a chat!
Whether experienced or new to the profession, members find inspiration, a place to share ideas, and a personal and friendly environment to meet with like-minded colleagues from around the country.
Slough’s Early Year’s team has arranged free access to this resource for all its providers. As Slough practitioners you will also find your own local forum area, and your early year’s team will be able to keep in touch with you via email, letting you know of events and news from your local authority.
Joining is simple, visit www.eyfs.info, and click on ‘Create Account’ at the top of the page.
- You will see a field marked 'LA Subscription Scheme' with a prompt saying 'Enter your LEA Key Here'. Type your LA Registration Password Mercury2012 in this field and press enter. Then a box will pop up with the word ‘Continue’ Click on this and it will take you to a new screen where you will need to select the tab ‘Continue as a new member’
- Be careful with this password. Ensure, for example, that you enter upper and lower case correctly. If you enter a password incorrectly more than twice you will be informed that you have used up your three attempts and need to wait three minutes.
- Fill in the required fields
- Display Name - your Display Name is the name that appears on screen when you are logged in so take a moment to decide whether you use your own name or one that enables you to retain your privacy. Please do not use your email address as your username
- Email address
- Password – create a password you will find easy to remember - this is your personal password NOT the LA scheme password
- Billing Information – Complete required fields
- Your interest in FS education – choose the criteria that suits you best if you wish
- Read and then Tick to accept the terms and conditions
- The last screen shows the completed order/purchase and that’s it, you are subscribed for a year
- Start exploring!!!
If you experience any problems, please email email@example.com and we will be happy to help. If you already belong to the forum just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your username and the LA scheme password above and we will upgrade your account accordingly.
The Foundation Stage Forum creators of Tapestry Online Learning Journals - PLEASE NOTE THIS RESOURCE IS NOT FREE – AN ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION FEE APPLIES.