To provide a home to school transport service for Slough resident pupils who meet the eligibility criteria in the home/school transport policy. Eligibility is assessed by the Admissions & Transport Team and transport procured by SBC’s Transport Team.
Operations Queries (SBC Transport Team) - John Northam (Transport Manager) Telephone: 01753 477301 Email: John.email@example.com
Service Queries (CLS) - Ven Miller (Admissions & Transport Manager) Telephone: 01753 787667 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How this service is funded
This service is funded by Slough Borough Council. There are no charges to schools for this service
Who is this service for
All schools with eligible pupils use this service.
Further details of service
- Review the home to school transport policy in consultation with schools.
- Ensure the service is cost effective in terms of vehicle utilisation.
- Provide clear advice and information to parents and schools about pupil eligibility and transport arrangements.
- Assess transport applications.
- Organise transport for eligible pupils.
- Notify schools and parents about any changes to arrangements.
- Provide an appeals service for parents who are not eligible.
- Review contract terms and conditions and advise schools on standards expected from contractors.
- Ensure contractors comply with the terms of the contract.
- Ensure staff employed by contractors have been vetted and trained.
- Check and pay invoices from contractors after checking service delivery with schools.
- Monitor expenditure and review services to achieve savings.
- SBC’s transport team provide advice via their helpline from 8.30am to 5.00pm each day during term time.
- Transport contractors are monitored to ensure compliance with all terms and conditions of their contract.
- Service queries will be responded to within 10 working days. Operational queries will be dealt with as soon as possible to ensure the service runs effectively during term time.
- Notifying the service of any changes to transport requirements or problems with the service.
- Notifying transport contractors about school term and holiday dates and INSET days.
- Ensuring arrangements are made at schools so contractors can arrive and depart safely and pupils can board and alight vehicles safely.
The service will:
- Respond to day to day feedback from schools and parents.
- Make random checks to ensure contractors are complying with the terms and conditions of their contracts.
- Monitor activity indicators such as the number of transport contracts, number of pupils carried and financial information and respond accordingly.
- Aim to ensure no pupil has a journey time of more than one hour.