This training has been brought to you by Slough Borough Council's Business Support Officer Shamila Khan, for the attention of Early Years managers, Deputies, childminders and Safeguarding leads.
The aim of this training is to increase knowledge and awareness of how to effectively respond when a child or young person makes an allegation of harm or abuse against a member of staff or volunteer.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Understand the procedures governing the managing of allegations against staff, carers and volunteers as outlined in the Berkshire Child Protection Procedures
- Understand the processes in responding to and investigating when allegations have been made against a member of staff or volunteer
- Know what to do and what happens, if you think a member of staff, carer or volunteer has harmed or may harm a child or is unsuitable to be working with children
- Understand the role of the Named Senior Officer and Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) and when to involve them
- Be proficient in dealing with allegations and engaging with local statutory agencies during the allegation process