This training has been brought to you by Slough Borough Council's Early Years and Prevention Childcare Development Coordinator, Clare Thompson, for the attention of Safeguarding Leads and Early Years Managers.
The safeguarding partnership team supports the work of the Local Safeguarding Children's Partnership training sub-group and co-ordinates and provides professional expertise to the training sub-group and leads on the implementation of local multi-agency safeguarding training.
Level 3 - Working Together to Safeguard Children
This course is for those who work with children and their families, including those who work with vulnerable adults, who have had in-house introductory safeguarding training and who need to work with partner agencies in recognising and responding to child abuse and neglect. Also to provide professionals with the competencies they need to work with partner agencies to safeguard children.
Learning outcome: Participants will be able to;
- effectively respond to child abuse or neglect
- make professional judgements together
- share information with partners
- make child protection referrals
- prepare for and attend child protection conferences and core groups
- raise concerns when things are not working well
This is a one day course and runs on the following days:
- 1st May 2019 | 09:30 - 16:30
- 27th June 2019 | 09:30 - 16:30
- 2nd October 2019 | 09:30 - 16:30
- 7th November 2019 | 09:30 - 16:30
- 30th January 2020 | 09:30 - 16:30
- 5th March 2020 | 09:30 - 16:30
Please visit Eventbrite to book your place. You will be issued with a ticket. We will contact you shortly afterwards to get a little more detail and confirm a place. A £100 no show fee applies and your safeguarding partnership board representative will be notified. Closing dates are 2 weeks prior to the event, papers are sent a week in advance.
This training is offered free of charge to people who work in the public and voluntary sectors, who are represented on the safeguarding partnership board (a small charge is payable for those in the private sector, £80 for a full day training and £40 per half day training, you will be issued with a free ticket but you will be invoiced later).