This training has been brought to you by Slough Borough Council's, Jatinder Matharu, Education Safeguarding Professional , for the attention of School Staff, Settings, or Colleges who are new to the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead.
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: The total cost of the training includes a 2% & £3 booking fee. There are two options for payment; you can either pay by card using the Eventbrite payment process or pay via invoice.
If you choose to pay by invoice, please DO NOT use the Invoice from Eventbrite, as we will invoice you separately using a Slough Borough Council Invoice. For more information on how to register, please visit our Help Centre or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The aim is to provide practical support to undertake the function of the DSL with access to networks, and good practice tips.
By the end of the course the delegate will:
- Have a better understanding of the expectations of the role and it's responsibilities;
- Identify legislation and guidance pertinent to your role and recognise good practice. Have a good understanding of the relevant documentation that is required to undertake the relevant duties of the post.
- Recognise essential elements to creating a inclusive culture of safeguarding within your school including managing, maintaining, recording and sharing information, including confidentiality.
- Understand and effectively contribute in multi agency systems and processes to safeguard children.
- have a better understanding of the support networks and interagency working in Slough.
The session will start jointly then split into specific areas dependent on your role.