This article has been Slough Borough Council's Principal Health & Wellbeing Project Officer for Schools, Susan Dyer for the attention of all schools.
This is a 2 hour interactive workshop session for staff who teach RSHE, covering:
- What is peer on peer harmful sexual behaviour and how widespread is it?
- What young people have said they need from the curriculum
- What to teach in relationships education and when
- Resources for addressing the most sensitive topics
- Good practice
- Creating a safe environment for teacher and pupils
- Using facilitative techniques and managing discussions
- Answering questions
- Use of outside speakers and facilitators
- A sample session to trial a resource and model good practice
- Cost per participant £33.60
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.