Slough Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) is a statutory body established under the Children Act 2004.
We are responsible for ensuring that all agencies who work with children and young people in Slough work together to safeguard and promote the welfare of children in the local area.
We work in partnership to:
- produce policies and procedures for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in Slough
- plan services for children in the local area
- raise awareness of safeguarding issues in the community
- monitor the effectiveness of the work that is done by local agencies
- undertake Serious Case Reviews when a child dies or is seriously injured through abuse or neglect
- collect and analyse data about all child deaths in Slough.
- Slough LSCB will work towards keeping children and young people in Slough safe from harm. We will support staff, families and carers in achieving this aim.
- Slough LSCB will ensure relevant organisations in Slough co-operate to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- Slough LSCB will seek the views of children and young people in order for Slough to be a place where all children and young people feel safe and valued.
The Board consists of senior representatives of all the key organisations working together to safeguard children and young people, including: Slough Borough Council, Slough Children’s Services Trust, schools, Clinical Commissioning Group, Thames Valley Police, Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service, South Central Ambulance NHS Foundation Trust, Slough Council for Voluntary Services, HealthWatch, Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust and the Youth Offending Team.
Slough LSCB does not deliver services directly to children, young people or their families. Please visit https://www.sloughsafeguardingboards.org.uk/lscb/lscb for more information.