This article has been brought to you by Slough Borough Council's Jatinder Matharu, Education Safeguarding Professional on behalf of Slough Borough Council's Targeted Young People’s Service Manager, Andalina Kolsawala. This is for the attention of all secondary schools.
Targeted Young People's Service
Targeted Young Peoples Service provides youth work interventions and support to young people via one to one and group work activities from 5-19 and up to 25 years of age if they are Children Leaving Care (CLA) and Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND).
Our services includes:
- Youth Support interventions providing support to young people with various issues
- Jobs, opportunities, information, advice and guidance to help young people transition into Education, Employment and Training
- Coordination of young carers work across Slough aged 5-19 years
- Support for young people in schools who have been identified as risk of NEET - RONI programme provides 12 weeks support via group work and one to one sessions for young people who are at risk of becoming NEET ( Not in education ,employment and training )
- NEET prevention and NEET reduction
- Return Home Interviews- Missing Young People
To contact the Young People's Service call us on 01753 476589 or email us at email@example.com.
The Young People's Service is providing support for young people post GCSE results day to help navigate next steps on 12th & 13th August 2021 at the Curve. Please see the attached for further information.
Please can you circulate to exams officers, Heads of Year and staff supporting results day.
NEET and RONI Service
The Targeted Young Peoples Service is part of the Early Help Hub and is responsible for delivering the duties under the Education and Skills Act 2008 (ESA 2008) section 68. Young People’s Service has a responsibility to encourage, enable and assist young people for whom they are responsible, to participate in education or training.
Furthermore, the service has a duty to promote young people’s participation up to the age of 18. The NEET prevention and NEET reduction work carried out by the Young People’s Service remains key to the council’s ambition of ensuring Slough is a place where people can make good choices about where to live and work and where children can grow up to achieve their full potential.
The Risk of NEET Indicator (RONI) is a tool that identifies young people in school who have risk factors for becoming NEET. This high risk cohort can then be targeted for interventions.
To contact the Young People's Service call on 01753 476589 or firstname.lastname@example.org.