This event has been bought to you by Slough Borough Councils Shamila khan, Business Support Officer for the attention of All Early Years and Childcare Providers.
Blended Offer 50% online and 50% face to face
This training course meets Ofsted requirements, and is a nationally recognised qualification in Paediatric First Aid which is valid for 3 years. Assessment is undertaken in order to ensure that delegates fully understand the requirements for first aid and are able to carry out protocols in CPR and emergency treatment. The blended (full) Paediatric First Aid course is held is held with the delegate taking the e-learning part first and then attending the classroom day.
Course booking arrangements
• All bookings must include individual email addresses as this will be used for the elearning log in details.
• If a setting is booking a number of delegates onto the training, they will be required to submit each individual delegate separately
• Once bookings are confirmed delegates will be sent their log in details for the elearning part that they MUST complete successfully before attending. Some email providers see this email as SPAM/Junk because it is automated, therefore delegates should keep an eye on SPAM/Junk/Promotions folders for it.
• Once an elearning account is logged in to the first time, we are unable to swap delegates.
• Delegates have a maximum of 3 attempts at the end of elearning examination. Pass mark is 80%. After three failures, the delegate is considered to have failed the whole course and is not permitted entry to the tutor-led day.
• Please ensure that the name (forename and surname) provided at the time of booking a place is as you would like it to appear on your certificate.
• Delegates are required to bring photographic evidence to the face to face training session. Please note the name provided at the time of booking must match your photographic identity exactly. If this does not match you will not issue the certificate on the day.
• Should a delegate not have photographic identity, then you are require to provide your birth certificate, marriage certificate (if married) and a bank card with your name and signature on it. If there are safeguarding, security (including MOD) or DV reasons why a delegate cannot show photographic please notify the Early Education team as soon as possible, prior to the face to face course taking place.
• Once a Trainer has started the class at 09:00, they will not allow late-comers as it is disruptive to the delegates who arrived on time and the day is a ‘build-on’ day so delegates cannot simply catch-up.
• The training organisation will provide usual tea, coffee and water refreshment at the centre. Delegates should provide their own lunch and snacks. Please note the kitchen cannot be guaranteed as Kosher, Halal, Vegan, Vegetarian etc. as it has many different users.
• There is an end of tutor-led day multiple choice question paper with 10 questions. Delegates are required to get 8 right answers or above. The questions are from both the elearning and the tutor-led day to make sure the delegate is the person who sat the elearning. Delegates only receive one attempt at this paper.
• Delegates will require sufficient fluency in written and spoken English at national level 2 to cope with this course.
• E-Learning and Blended Learning courses require the delegate to have a sufficient level of ICT competency to navigate to, log-on and follow the on-line instructions without assistance. E-Learning and Blended Learning courses require the delegate to have access to a high-speed internet enabled device; MGM Training Limited are not responsible for providing this equipment or internet access.
• Blended learning course e-Learning element must be completed no later than 11 p.m. on the day before the classroom practical learning day. Should a delegate not finish and pass the e-Learning section before the classroom practical day, they will be unable to sit the classroom practical day with no refund or transfer of classroom day.
• It is advisable that delegates wear comfortable clothes, which are practical for various roll-play situations (e.g., safety footwear, track-suits, jeans etc. – not skirts). Please do not wear lipstick as this marks the resuscitation manikins when practising! Delegates should bring photographic identity, spectacles if they require them for watching television, a face covering, and also bring a pen. For those with long hair, a hair-band will help when practising techniques. All delegates should be in full health on the days of the course as there may be some practical work involved. Delegates will be issued with a manual during the course, which has space for small amounts of note taking
Please note this course is non-refundable or transferable.