This workshop has been brought to you by Slough Borough Council's Health and Safety Advisor, Victoria Swift, for the attention of all Schools in Slough.
This workshop is designed to inform participants of their individual requirements as identified in the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health regulations and guidance. It will practically interpret the information into user friendly guidance on how to protect yourself from the hazards associated with the use of chemical’s and biological agents
By the end of the course you will:
- Be aware of the legislation that deals with the control of substances that are hazardous to health (chemical and biological),
- Understand the terms and symbols associated with the use of chemicals,
- Understand the purpose of material safety data sheets and where to obtain key information,
- Be able to determine appropriate control measures, and
- Understand the purpose and benefits of health surveillance, monitoring and immunisation.
Pre Course Preparation
Delegates do not have to formally prepare for the course, however it would be useful to understand the practices and local procedures at your school.
For all schools that buy into the SBC H&S Service Level Agreement the cost of the course per delegate is £15.
For Schools that do not buy into the SBC H&S Service Level Agreement the cost of the course per delegate is £60.
To book a place, please e-mail Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Joining instructions (including location) will be sent out prior to each course. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be provided throughout.