This article has been brought to you by Slough Borough Council's Associate Director for Children and Families, Michael Jarrett, for the attention of the Early Years leads.
This week’s news bulletin from Children and Families, Early Years Division at Slough Borough Council is now available please see the attached document dated 11 August 2021.
Please note that during the summer holidays we will be sending out the newsletter fortnightly until the beginning of term in September; when we will revisit the key documents and information for those settings that have been closed over the summer.
- Ofsted education inspection framework (EIF) inspections and the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) - What schools and registered Early Years providers need to know about delivering the current and revised EYFS.
- Consented addresses for childminders and domestic childcare - Updated consented addresses for childminders and domestic childcare as at 30 June 2021.
- Reported Coronavirus (COVID-19) notifications by registered Early Years and childcare settings - Added data for weeks beginning 14, 21 and 28 June and 5 July.
- Joiners and leavers in the childcare sector - Published data on joiners and leavers in the childcare sector in June 2021.
- Childminder agencies: registration and suitability - Added 'Known to Ofsted' form for agencies to use to contact Ofsted for information when considering an application for registration from a childminder
- Early Years Updates - Vaccine Resources and Additional Q&A - Resources - Coronavirus Resource centre (phe.gov.uk), Contact Tracing From Step 4 Onwards
- Amendments made to Development Matters - development matters here
Parents and Carers
Early Years Inspiration
- Early Childhood Outdoors - Home Page - Early Childhood Outdoors
SEND and Inclusion
- Turn2us - Use the Turn2us Benefits Calculator
- Autism education trust - AET Early Years autism standards - Autism Education Trust
In the News