This article has been brought to you by Frimley CCG, for the attention of all primary schools.
Support for Schools- Regional Transition Workshops for Year 6 Pupils
The workshops will be delivered by Kooth Engagement Leads and will include:
- Exploring thoughts and feelings year 6 students may have in preparing for secondary school
- Techniques and coping strategies will be shared to support the stress and anxiety of being in a new educational environment
- Information and advice on building resilience and understanding their surroundings
- Self care and positive thinking will be discussed throughout
- Guided Sign up to Kooth alongside mini activity examples
- Follow up resources will be shared such as the mini activities booklet, pre-recorded assemblies and links to your local Kooth Engagement Lead
Safeguarding statement: During each regional session all participants' cameras and mics will be off, each zoom will display as a webinar meaning only the hosts cameras will be visible.
There will be a series of workshops taking place in June on the following dates:
All sessions will take place 2pm-3pm on Zoom
To sign up please complete this form.
There is a maximum for each session, but if this is reached and schools cannot join, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can share a recording instead.
Please note, From April, online youth counselling and peer support service www.Kooth.com will be available to young people from age 10 who live or attend a school in East Berkshire. Kooth are able to provide a range of free school promotional resources (both hard copies and electronic) and can also deliver free awareness sessions to staff or to pupils via assemblies or workshops. Please contact Claire Parsons email@example.com for further information.