This article has been brought to you by Slough Borough Council's Associate Director and Education & Inclusion, Johnny Kyriacou on behalf of Slough Borough Council's Senior H&S Adviser Vicki Swift. This is for the attention of all schools.
Please be advised that the following schools COVID documents have been updated to include the latest government and DfE guidance and East Berkshire recommendations:
- FORM 038C COVID Implementing Protective Measures in Education and Childcare Settings Checklist
- FORM 038K COVID Implementing protective measures for out of school settings Checklist
- FORM 038I Health Vulnerability Risk Assessment Educational Settings
The changes made are as follows:
- Added new guidance on close contacts now being able to receive a PCR test
- Added details from East Berkshire Health Protection Board advice 15/06/21 (following on from the information provided at the latest Head Teachers meeting) including
- Bubble sizes to be reduced as far as possible, for recreational periods (e.g. breaks and lunch) as well as during lessons
- Face masks are to be reintroduced where settings have an outbreak (2 cases linked)
- Transition days to be cancelled
- Meetings should occur online where possible
This applies to the end of Summer term 2021.
Added DfE guidance dated 15/06/21 on how to manage sports days, leavers events, Transitional and open days and singing.