This article has been brought to you by Slough Borough Council's Associate Director for Children and Families, Michael Jarrett, for the attention of the Early Years leads.
This weeks news bulletin from Children and Families, Early Years Division at Slough Borough Council is now available please see the attached document.
This weeks bulletin includes:
- New local COVID alert levels
- Actions for early years and childcare providers during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- Early Years Contacts
- Face coverings in education
- Department for Education coronavirus (COVID-19) helpline opening hours
- Public Health England’s (PHE) dedicated advice service opening hours
- The COVID-19 pandemic and the early years workforce March - August 2020: Staffing decisions in an uncertain environment
- Virtual Baby Groups and Virtual Story and Rhyme Time
- Childminder agency (CMA) inspection requirements for Ofsted
- Protective measures for holiday or after-school clubs and other out-of-school settings for children during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- Guidance for parents and carers of children attending out-of-school settings during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- New guidance for clinically extremely vulnerable people
- The Early Childhood Unit at NCB
- Bright Futures start in Early Years
- Get ready for No Pens Day Wednesday
- Coronavirus mental health: how to avoid emotional exhaustion during the pandemic
- Reopening education and childcare provision for all in England – IFS report and DfE guidance
- Mass coronavirus (COVID-19) testing pilots
- Slough COVID update
- Training and Continuous Professional Development
- Introduction to Safeguarding
- Safeguarding Level 3 / Multi agency
- Observation, Assessment & Planning (OAP)
- Strong Home Learning Experience to support children’s learning and development
It is important to keep in contact with families during this time, so please share the information widely.
Please note: Data submissions will be on going until the DfE no longer request our submission, please return your data sheet to email@example.com before 12pm every Thursday if your setting is open.