This article has been brought to you by Slough Borough Council's Early Years Quality Care and Learning Manager, Ludmilla Pillay, for the attention of all Early Years Providers including Childminders.
Ofsted have improved the following pages which detail how to register as a childcare provider and how certain parts of the service must run.
- Apply to join the Childcare Register (CR1)
- Qualifying for the compulsory part of the Childcare Register
- Qualifying for the voluntary part of the Childcare Register
- Pay your childcare or social care invoice
Nurseries and Other Daycare
- Daycare roles that must register with Ofsted
- Apply to register your nursery or other daycare organisation (EYO)
- Add a setting to your application to register a daycare (EYS)
- Add another setting to your nursery or other daycare organisation (EYS)
- Apply to join a nursery or other daycare organisation (EY2)
- Report changes to registered people in your nursery or other daycare (EY3)
Please see the following video from Ofsted, which includes a play list of eight short videos to accompany the changes to ‘Providing childcare services in England' to explain how to use Ofsted’s new registration website, including guidance on how to register as a childminder or a nanny.
There is also a third instalment of termly webinars for childminder’s by Ofsted including discussions on ratios, safeguarding and the EIF (Early Years Inspection Framework). Please see the following video: