This training has been brought to you by Slough Borough Council's In-Year and Fair Access Team Leader, Paula Doneghan for the attention of all School Governing Bodies.
Suspension and Exclusion Training has been arranged for Governors on Thursday 29 February 2024 from 10.00am – approximately 1.30pm. This training will be held remotely.
The above guidance states “The local authority/academy trust must ensure that all panel members and clerks have received training within the two years before the date of the review”.
This training must have covered:
- the requirements of the primary legislation, regulations and statutory guidance governing suspensions and permanent exclusions on disciplinary grounds (which would include an understanding of how the principles applicable in an application for judicial review relating to the panel’s decision making);
- the need for the panel to observe procedural fairness and the rules of natural justice;
- the role of the chair of a review panel;
- the role of the clerk to a review panel;
- the duties of headteachers, governing boards, and the panel under the Equality Act 2010.
The cost of training is £100.00 per person. Please note spaces are limited and will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Please see below link below to confirm your place:
I would be grateful if you could complete and return as soon as possible.
Paula Doneghan, In-Year and Fair Access Team Leader