This article has been brought to you by Slough Borough Council's Health and Safety Advisor, Victoria Swift, for the attention of all Schools in Slough.
Risk Assessments and Safety Inspection
This workshop is designed to equip participants with the tools and skills for completing a safety inspection and risk assessment of their work environment. It also aims to build competence and confidence for completing risk assessments on work activities and surroundings, ensuring hazards have been identified, risks evaluated and appropriate control measures put in place when the hazards cannot be eliminated.
By the end of the course you will:
- Be able to competently carry out safety inspections
- Have an understanding of the stages of the risk assessment process
- Know the definitions of terms such as hazard, risk, severity and likelihood
- Be able to identify the people affected by hazards
- Be able to evaluate risk, based on the control measures provided
- Have an understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
- Have an understanding of SBC's health and safety requirements
Tuesday 18th June 2019 | 10.00am - 1.00pm
Thursday 12th September 2019 | 1.30pm - 4:30pm
Friday 8th November 2019 | 10.00am - 1.00pm
Monday 13th January 2020 | 1.30pm - 4.30pm
Wednesday 25th March 2020 | 10.00am - 1.00pm
This workshop will enable managers to understand the costs and causes associated with accidents in the workplace. It will also provide managers with the necessary skills and advice to support them undertake a thorough investigation following and incident.
By the end of the course you will understand:
- the three basic reasons for managing Health and Safety
- the relationships between major accidents, incidents and near misses
- the direct and indirect causes of accidents
- know the techniques to undertake a thorough investigation
- the SBC format for reporting and recording accidents, incidents and near misses
- RIDDOR requirements
Wednesday 10th July 2019 | 10.00am - 1.00pm
Thursday 17th October 2019 | 1.30pm - 4.30pm
Monday 16th December 2019 | 10.00am - 1.00pm
Friday 21st February 2020 | 1.30pm - 4.30pm
If you have a Service Level Agreement (SLA) with Slough Borough Council, then the cost of each workshop per delegate is £15. If you do not have a Service Level Agreement (SLA) with Slough Borough Council, then the cost of each workshop per delegate is £60.
To book a place, and for more information, please email Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org. Joining instructions will be sent out prior to the course indicating the location and parking arrangements.